Recently I received Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick in the shade Princess Peach as a complimentary gift from Sugar Cosmetics as I bought a whole bunch of products from them.Now these Matte As Hell Crayon lipsticks have always been my favorites; especially Scarlett o’hara and Poison Ivy.Now let’s give you a quick review of this one.
Price: INR 799
Net weight: 2.8 Gram
Description: This is a cruelty free product i.e, not tested on animals.It is made in Germany.
My take on it:
- This lipstick looks like a crayon as you can see in the photos and is very easy to apply on your lips.However, you will have to sharpen it like a pencil.Good part is Sugar sends the sharpener along with the product.
- The lipsticks blends super smoothly and you will not feel dry after applying but you will have to build the color through multiple application.
- It is not smudge proof or transfer proof.
- You will have to reapply it after having a meal.It looked a little flaky after I reapplied it.So I tried to brush my lips with my fingers to give it a more natural and even look.
- The color payoff is good and this shade is somewhere in between coral and peach shade.
Overall I was not too happy about it as much as I was for Scarlett o’hara in terms of the color payoff and suitability to my skin.This can be used for daily office use but you need to be little cautious while applying as it does not give a very opaque coverage in just one swipe.Also, if you have pigmented lips like me you need to be extra attentive around those corners of your lips.Otherwise it may ruin your entire look.I think one of the better alternative for this lip crayon will be Maple Map from Lakme 9 to 5 range with better finish at affordable price point.
Hope you found this review helpful.Stay happy like a puppy 🙂