I decided to buy a planner for myself (Finally I know!) after looking at the numerous bloggers and influencers and how they always talk about how useful a planner is in their life. So yeah I got ‘influence’ and bought one for me. All my efforts to read behavioral science books to control my splurging went in vein. Till now my planner was my brain but given that I am 29 and taking more than 2 minutes to remember people’s names; I thought it is high time I maintain a planner and show people how busy I am :p
I have been following Alicia Souza for 4-5 years on Insta and I love her cute and quirky designs. One of her selling point is her relatability and unassuming personal brand. I bought the planner from her website directly. There was an offer going on that if someone buys products worth INR 3000 they will also get freebies(Mystery Bag) worth INR 2500. So I jumped at the offer and bought my first planner along with a few other things. Here I am going to share my reviews of the products I got.
What I bought :
- The Undated Ultimate Planner with Free Undated Pocket Planner + Sticker Book – INR 1799
- Happiness Notebook (Hardbound spiral)- INR 350
- Humming Bird Notebook (Hardbound spiral)- INR 350
- Savasana Phone Cover
The Planner came in a cute cardboard box as you can see in the pics. I am using the box to keep my knick-knacks. I chose the undated planner because I was not sure how disciplined I will be and hence for proper utilization chose to go for the undated version. What I have understood is that the undated version is very similar to the 2021 planner. So I did not lose much in terms of features. Here is a list of things you will see in the undated planner. Overall the paper quality and usability wise the planner is awesome.
- It has some extra sheets of stickers
- Monthly Budget and Planning Pages
- Habit and Period Tracker
- Shopping list /Task list etc.
- Space for detailed daily entry and notes
- Extra pages for notes at the end with folder to store loose papers/cards etc
- Beautiful Bookmark
- Colorful Monthly Dividers
The pocket planner is something you carry while travelling/shopping. The notebooks are A5 size and hardbound. In terms of paper quality I expected better for the price I paid. It is not suitable for writing with a gel pen. You will get the impression on the next page. Of course the cover is very cute. The phone cover is something which I really liked. The color looks even better than the picture and it is sturdy.
What I got in the Mystery Bag :
- Things I see in India that are super endearing (Hardbound Journal with 1 sheet of sticker);100 Pages – INR 799
- PAPA Coffee Mug – INR 399
- Keep Away Cotton 2 Ply Face Mask – INR 299
- You are my Rock Magnetic Photo Frame – INR 350
- I hate that I really Love You Magnetic Photo Frame – INR 350
The ‘Things I see in India Journal’ is part of Alicia’s doodle series posted on Insta. I wish the journal was spiral bound. However, paper quality of the journal is better than the notebooks. The coffee mug was a sweet surprise for my Dad. The Face mask is super cute and made of good quality cotton. The magnetic photo frames are super cute as a fridge magnet but honestly they are too small. Also, I noticed that I received products worth INR 2200 whereas they promised to give products worth INR 2500 but anyway overall I really loved the mystery bag.
Hoping to start 2021 in the right way armed with my planner 🙂