A very new addition to my makeup bag is a setting spray. I recently purchased Charlotte Tilbury’s Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray and I am definitely loving it. Charlotte Tilbury’s make up range is available in Nykaa. Setting sprays are very essential part of any makeup artist’s kit. They act as a good primer and when applied on top of makeup, they keep the makeup intact for the whole day and also leaves a dewy finish to the skin.
Price and Quantity: The travel-size 34ml spray bottle comes at a price of INR 1750. The 100ml bottle comes at a price of INR 3000. I think it makes sense to purchase the 100ml bottle because it will go long way and it is simply travel friendly. Even if you are outdoors or at the office restroom, you can just quickly spray it off for instant hydration.
Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray weightlessly primes and sets for up to 16 hours* for the perfect looking makeup day, every day. Instantly lock in your look with Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray for makeup magic that looks just applied! This delicately scented, long-lasting, next generation setting spray is a magical beauty amplifier inspired by the smoothing, pore blurring effects of Charlotte’s world-famous airbrush makeup family. The high – performance formula works in harmony with your complexion-enhancing foundation, concealer, bronzer and powder to create a weightless veil of hydrating goodness and a flawless – looking finish! No melting, no fading, no creasing!
Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Amp-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Pvp, Phenoxyethanol, Pentylene Glycol, Propanediol, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice Powder, Parfum (Fragrance), Potassium Sorbate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Pistacia Lentiscus Gum, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Phenethyl Alcohol
My take on the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray:
- Comes in a transparent glass spray bottle with a rose gold lid. It is a familiar Charlotte Tilbury branding and packaging. The product has a slight floral scent. Not too bad for my taste but I wish they could avoid the fragrance.
- The formula is very light, doesn’t make my skin oily or greasy yet gives my skin a hydrated dewy look. The product claims that it locks in makeup for up to 16 hours, with no melting, fading, or creasing. I have not tested it for 16 hours but I can say I have seen that it kept my skin oil-free, my concealer did not crease under my eyes, nor did my eye shadow got smudged.
- I hold this setting spray at my arm’s length and spray 2-3 times max and that does the job. Also, make sure to shake the product before use so that you get a fine mist spread evenly over the face.
- I sometimes use it also as a primer. This helps to blend the powder foundation or concealer really well into the damp skin. Also, it definitely increases the staying power of the makeup. Even you can quickly spritz it after few hours of the initial application of the makeup to get the fresh dewy look instantly.
- It works well for both dry and oily skin. If you have dry skin, it will give you the much-needed hydration and definitely prevent making your skin look cakey and tired. If you have oily skin, it will take the extra shine off your skin. You don’t need to use a setting powder if you are using this setting spray. This spray is just a fine mist and does not make the skin too wet. It gets absorbed instantly into the skin with a few gentle pats.
Let me quickly list dows the pros and cons of this product.
- Works well for both oily and dry skin
- Set the makeup for quite long hours without a retouch
- Fine mist, easy to get absorbed
- leaves a dewy finish
- Expensive for the Indian market but one bottle will go a long way.
Hope you will find this review helpful. Have a nice day 🙂