Since the pandemic hit us and most of us started working from home, I think we all can agree that our time spent looking at laptops, mobiles, and tablets has increased significantly. Although I never really had dark circles, I have been noticing the slightly discoloured undereye area for the last year or so. It can be due to ageing or due to my late-night Netflix binge. Anyway, I wanted to invest in a good fuss-free concealer and picked up the Bobbi Brown skin concealer stick in the shade ‘Natural’. I have used Bobbi Brown lipsticks previously and I loved them. So, obviously had high expectations from this concealer stick and am happy to report that I am not disappointed at all.
Price and Quantity: I bought the Bobbi Brown concealer stick from Nykaa. You can find it across multiple stores of Bobbi Brown in India. It costs INR 2850 for 3g. As per the outer packaging it is made in Belgium and has a 36 months validity from the date of manufacturing.
Product Description: Bobbi Brown’s first-of-its-kind transformative stick makes great-looking skin look easy. This hydrating concealer is natural at instantly camouflaging the look of dark circles, discolouration, and imperfections for a skin-fresh look that stays the day. Coffee seeds and vitamin E help nourish skin and provide a creamy, weightless wear that melts into the skin.
Skin concealer stick softens and blends on contact for transformative concealing that looks like skin. The creamy, comfortable formula glides on sheer-to-full buildable coverage that layers seamlessly under or over foundation and delivers 12 hours of non-creasing, colour-true wear that’s waterproof and sweat- and humidity-resistant.
Ingredients: Glyceryl Triacetyl Ricinoleate , Octyldodecanol , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Ozokerite , Kaolin , Polyethylene , Barium Sulfate , Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Tocopheryl Acetate , Salicornia Herbacea Extract , Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract , Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Oil , Lecithin , Bht , Phenoxyethanol , [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77491) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77492) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77499) , Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163)] .
My take on the Bobbi Brown Concealer Stick (shade – Natural):
- First of all, let’s start with the packaging. Bobbi Brown has a very classy style of packaging for all of its products and this one is no exception. It comes in a glossy black twist-up stick with a magnetic lock. This type of concealer stick is very easy to apply and you can simply drop it in your bag and travel wherever you want to.
- It comes in a lot of shades. At Nykaa I saw that they had 8 shades to offer. I purchased it online and so found it a little difficult to differentiate some of the shades. It is best to buy it from a store if you want to be 100% sure of your shade. I picked up the shade natural and it indeed leaves a very natural finish.
- Now, coming to the consistency, the formula of this concealer is very creamy and easy to blend. It may not give full coverage but it gives me the most natural-looking finish with a brighter undereye and softens the dark-pigmented areas on my face. If you have a really dark under-eye then it may not be the best option for you or you will have to use a colour corrector first before applying this concealer. However, if you are someone like me who is just looking to make her under-eye area appear less hollow and brighter than usual, then it is the perfect concealer stick for you. Also, I am not someone who needs to or wants to wear layers of makeup and most of the time I am just looking for a quick yet the most effective solution and I feel this concealer stick does the right job for that. You can use your fingers or a beauty blender to blend this concealer. It does not look cakey or crease under my eyes.
Let’s list down the pros and cons for the Bobbi Brown Concealer stick.
- Creamy Blendable formula
- Does not crease
- Great user-friendly packaging
- Leaves a naturally fresh finish
- A bit expensive for the Indian market
- Medium coverage, may not be ideal for people with dark undereye
Hope you will find this review helpful. Have a nice day and happy new year 🙂