I recently stumbled upon a new lip product from Laneige which I believe is a recent launch to the Indian market (not sure though :p). It is their glowy lip balm range which has 4 shades or types. After my great experience with their lip sleeping mask (which I still use), I did not give a second thought while purchasing one of these lip balms. Let me share my honest review here with you guys.
Price and Quantity: 10 ml cute little tube comes at a price of INR 690. It is available in Nykaa. They come in four variants – grapefruit (coral), berry (pink), peach (light yellow/orange) and pear (green).
Product Description (According to the brand):
Lip balm that coats the lips with a layer of moisture and makes them look supple and glossy.
– Daily moisturizing: It instantly removes flakes and makes the lips look hydrated as though the lips are coated with a breathable layer of moisture.
– Texture that’s smoothly wrapping the lips: It applies as though it’s wrapping the lips with colorless thin layers, so the lips feel light, while still not damaging the color of the lipstick.
– For a healthy voluptuous look of the lips: It adds a natural healthy color to make the lips look full, voluptuous.
Texture: A tube type lip balm that fits the sticky form as if to coat it thinly.
– Concerned about dry lips
– Concerned about dead skin cells when wearing a matte-finish lipstick
– To create a glossy and supple look of the lips
Full Ingredients list: Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/Stearyl/Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Poly (C6-14 Olefin), Diisostearyl Malate, Polybutene, Phytosteryl Isostearyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax / Cera Microcristallina / Cire Microcristalline, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Synthetic Wax, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Mica, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla)Wax / Candelilla Cera Hydrocarbons / Cire De Candelilla, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Fragrance / Parfum, Candelilla Wax Esters, Dimethicone, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methicone, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)Wax / Copernicia Cerifera Cera /Cire De Carnauba, Silica, Yellow 10 Lake(Ci 47005), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Blue 1 (Ci 42090), Water / Aqua / Eau, Propanediol, Bht, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli)Extract
My take on the Laneige Glowy Lip Balm ( Berry):
- Let’s first talk about the packaging. The lip balm comes in a very cute and sleek pink tube. Laneige has customised the colour of the tube based on the variant. You simply need to squeeze a bit of the product from the tube and directly apply on the lips. The berry variant comes in this pink tube whereas grapefruit comes in a coral, pear comes in green and peach comes in a somewhat yellowish-coloured tube. The pink colour of the berry variant will remind you of their bestseller lip sleeping mask. The packaging looks and feels premium. No complaints about that.
- There is a sweet bubblegum kind of smell to this lip balm. Not sure if they customised the fragrance based on the variants. I really wish they got rid of it especially since it is a lip product. I know a lot of people like this type of smell on their lip balm but it is simply not needed and we may not see the impact immediately but fragrance may cause problems in the long run. The good thing is that the balm does not have any taste if you accidentally lick it.
- There is a slight sheen to this lip balm. I spotted mica in the ingredients list. So, maybe it was added to give this effect. When I applied matte lipstick after using this lip balm, that shimmery finish was still there and I did not like it. So, I try to use a very minimum product or take a tissue to remove the excess balm before applying a matte lipstick. But, on the other hand, if you want to use it as a lip gloss, it will work pretty well. Just use it on top of your usual lipstick and it will give you a glossy and moisturized finish. Although it has a pink tint when I took out the product on the back of my hand but the colour gets neutralized when you spread it on your lips. So, if you are wearing it on top of any shades of lipstick, chances are this balm will not change the shade at all. It doesn’t look like a tinted lip balm but I have pigmented lips. So, maybe for others, it may give a slight pinkish tint but my guess would be that the colour payoff is almost ignorable. If you are looking for a tinted lip balm then this is not the product you should buy.
- Coming to the texture, it is a bit thick but not sticky like the Laneige lip sleeping mask. It softens my chapped lips almost instantly and keeps them that way. I have used a lot of balms which either take time to soften my lips or the dryness comes back rather quickly in a few hours. This is not the case with the Laneige glowy lip balm. It keeps my lips hydrated and soft for the entire day even after having a full-course meal.
Let me quickly list down the pros and cons of these lip balms
- Keeps the lips super moisturized for the entire day
- Instant relief for chapped lips
- Non-sticky, non-greasy, tasteless
- Travel friendly and I am actually using it as an alternative to the OG lip sleeping mask just because of the ease of application 😀
- Contains fragrance
- Not tinted (that’s not exactly a problem but the four different variants with different coloured packaging may confuse people that these are tinted)
Hope you found this review helpful. Have a nice day 🙂
One thought on “Laneige Glowy Lip Balm (Berry) -Review”
The Laneige Glowy Lip Balm is a lip balm that coats the lips with a layer of moisture and makes them look supple and glossy. It has a sweet bubblegum kind of smell and a slight sheen to it. The texture is a bit thick but not sticky and it softens my chapped lips almost instantly. I have used a lot of balms which either take time to soften my lips or the dryness comes back rather quickly in a few hours. This is not the case with the Laneige glowy lip balm. It keeps my lips hydrated and soft for the entire day even after having a full-course meal.